How To Run A Company With (Almost) No Rules
- Set your own salary
- Vote your leaders in/out
- Come and go when you please
- Take vacation whenever you want
- If you finish your work by Wednesday, go to the beach and come back on Monday
- If you have to give back, you’ve taken too much
- Ask “why” three times and then stop
- Design for wisdom
A brilliant and emotionally moving talk from my favorite CEO of all time, Mr. Ricardo Semler.
Please, please, watch it. I guarantee that some, if not all, parts of the talk will fill your heart with joy! Well, maybe it will. If you’re an average, run-of-the-mill, anointed, business leader, it will either piss you off or strike fear into your bones.
If you want some more seminal Semler to whet your appetite, check out these two MIT-sponsored videos:
Make no mistake about it, Mr. Semler’s radical ideas are not a mess of pie-in-the-sky, Utopian psychobabblings. They’re the real deal, and they’ve been in play… in the real world… for over 20+ years at Semco.