Home > Cancer > Coming Clean….

Coming Clean….

Just in case you were wondering why I haven’t been blogging about Bitcoin, C++ programming, and/or dysfunctional management behaviors. I’ve decided to come clean….

In late February 2015, I was diagnosed with Stage 3B, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC).

There, it took almost two fuckin’ years to get the courage to do so, but I’ve said it. Any kestions?

Yes, I’m serious; Yahoo Serious!

Categories: Cancer
  1. November 17, 2017 at 2:35 pm

Well, that sucks. How are you doing?

• November 17, 2017 at 3:02 pm

My man, Mark!
      Thanks for asking. I’m doing well, really well. It’s been a helluva roller coaster ride so far.
      For an entire year I had no problems. Then, after my first line of treatment started failing to keep the cancer in check, I tried a targeted chemotherapy drug, Gilotrif. It blew me out of the water. I couldn’t eat or drink anything for two months. I’m currently on my third line of defense – the immunotherapy drug Optivo. It’s been working so well that I’m planning to go back to work in December.

As you’d expect, it’s been a game changer. Things that used to be important aren’t so important anymore. LOL.

• November 18, 2017 at 8:00 am

Tony,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties, but glad to hear that the new treatment is working out. Will keep you in my prayers.

Gene

• November 18, 2017 at 8:53 am

Thank you Gene. Much appreciated 😁

2. Dick Danjin
    November 17, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Best of luck to you ,my friend……Dick

3. November 17, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Thank you Dick. Hopefully, I may still have something useful to say to younger people trying to stumble their way through life. 😉

4. Ken Tollstam
    November 18, 2017 at 9:11 am

I am way older than you and still want to hear what you have to say to help me stumble through life. The problem with being old is that you start to actually believe all the bullshit you learned over many decades. While there is nothing special or unique about getting Cancer, your attitude and reaction to this dreaded scourge of mankind is inspiring and instructive. I have known you a long time, but have come to deeply respect your point of view and your example of adult behavior (although some of your Tweets are delightfully childish!). Us old GE pukes are pulling for you, but the truth is that there is nothing meaningful that we can do. I am proud and grateful to call you a friend and if this is too sappy – tough shit!

• November 18, 2017 at 9:55 am

Awesome Ken. Brought a tear to my eye. Thank you.
      You’re so right about believing more and more of your own shit as we get older.

5. November 29, 2017 at 10:29 am

Well, balls. I’m terribly sorry to hear your news: I’m delighted to hear things seem manageable though, and I hope you continue to prosper. Best wishes, G

• November 29, 2017 at 3:29 pm

Thank you Guy. I’m doing great. Keep up the great work you’re doing with SG14!

1. No trackbacks yet.